I don't know if it has always been this way or not but a few months ago, I got an idea to start selling comic books on eBay. I've been an eBay memeber for many years but have done more buying than selling.
With the recent blockbuster hits from Marvel's The Avengers and Capatin America, X-Men, and The Wolverine, it peaked my interest in buying up comics, getting them professionally graded and selling them.
As a kid, I collected comics. Always have and still do. I even attend the Comic-Con in Chicago once in a while.
So I started to look throught what I had since the 1990's and used Google to find out their worth. Worthless. Modern Age comics aren't worth the paper they are printed on. As a matter-of-fact, a comic is only worth what someone will pay. I learned that through buying from eBay.
Needless to say, superhero comics from as early as the 1950's through the early to mid 1970's are what's hot. Spider-Man, Batman. Adventure Comics, The X-Men and/or The Avengers is what's selling like hot cakes.
With that, the thing to remember is to understand the condition of the comics. Unless it is a key issue, anything old is only slightly valuable. Silver Age comics in general are collectable, but it is key issues that make the big bucks.
Once you have secured a few comics, you have done tour research, if the comic is in good condition, then it will be better to get it professionally graded by a third party company such as the CGC. Their grading will give you a sold ideas of what the comic is worth by the issue and its graded condition.
Using comicpriiceguide.com or comicbookrealm.com will give you two ideas of the market value and you can plan accordingly. Craigslist is a horrible idea to sell these on because there is more hassle in dealing with people. You and the people who buy from you are less protected than an online auction that uses PayPal.
Take this niche of wisdom, don't make the same mistakes, and good luck.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment