As a kid of the early 90's, Star Wars was a big movie influence in my life. I'm talking about Star Wars before they digitally enhanced it. Though I did have my mom take me and my best buddy to go see the enhanced films in the crummy theater in my home town when they came out.
I didn't really take into consideration until my early to mid twenties, the ever expanding mythos, back stories, and characters that Dark Horse comics has brought to life.
I did not becoming me aware of the complete reshaping of the Star Wars galaxy until I played Star Wars The Sith Lords which was set hundred if not a thousand or more years after BBY or SW E4.
The original idea behind this blog is to connect my felllow force users who don't know about Tython, Korriban, Dunx, Exar Kun, Darth Malak, and Revan; to a whole new and open story. More recently, Dark Horse has come out with Dawn of the Jedi. This comic series isn't an origins but very close. It doesn't go back to a "traditional" begining but sheds light on the Jedi beginings and the conquest of the Ratakan Empire as it expands and clashes with the Jedi order.
In this story, it is made clear that the force was a while. Both light and dark sides were equally used and not considered good over bad. Like the yin and yang philosophy, balance was key. Unlike the films and comics following the Skywalker lineage, there was only balanc if the dark side was obliterated.
This beginnings series does show that too much use of the dark side was corrupting to the user. I am unsure if the Ratakan Empire was able fully wield the force but they did have force user slaves that hunted others for them.
Another comic series is Tales of the Jedi which gives more insight to different Sith Lords , artifacts, planets, and Sith magic. It also expands on Protosabers and Jedi weaponry.
There is much more but it cannot all be covered. Check Amazon or eBay for the Tales of the Jedi and TFAW.com for Dawn of the Jedi. You won't be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment